> BUILD_DEPENDS=          tcl84::lang/tcl/8.4
> RUN_DEPENDS=            ${BUILD_DEPENDS}
> What do you mean by reverse? BUILD_DEPENDS then RUN_DEPENDS are correct
> order as in Makefile template.

Some parts of the ports infrastructure add things to BUILD_DEPENDS, like
e.g. libtool, autoconf, etc.  Therefore, the above idiom should in
general be avoided, because you can easily end up with those tools as
runtime dependencies, which they are not.  So by reverse, I mean:
RUN_DEPENDS= ...
BUILD_DEPENDS= ${RUN_DEPENDS}

> And if I'm right, tcl84::lang/tcl/8.4 will stand for tcl-8.4 not tcl-*?

Just try it. Look at the final packing list.