ICMan wrote:
 Hello,

I just compiled (after a whole day) the jdk 1.5.0p19 distribution on OBSD
4.0, and I get the following error whenever I run java or attempt to use
the plugin with firefox:

"Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not create the Java virtual machine."

I have tried "ulimit -d 100000", I have tried "java -Xms10M -Xmx10M", "java
-Xms100M -Xmx100M", and even "java -Xms1M -Xmx1M".  None work.  I
continue to get the same error.

Need help badly.

Thanks

ICMan.

Although I always run with a gig in ulimit (that's 10x what you have tried), I tried a lowering my ulimit to just 100M and start a big applet in firefox, it worked ok. I have never had to use VM args for
the plugin...

How much free memory do you have according to top(1)?  How big is your swap?
Do all applets exhibit this error?

Niklas