On Saturday 02 December 2006 2:46 pm, James Wright wrote:
> Nikolay Sturm wrote:
> > * James Wright [2006-12-02]:
> >
> >> latest -stable mozilla seamonkey (the next generation suite) version
> >> 1.0.6 (equivalent to the 1.5.0.8 releases of firefox/thunderbird),
> >>

> > What is the point of this port? Is there anything genuine in seamonkey
> > that is not in firefox and friends?
> >
> > Nikolay
> >

> integrated chatzilla/composer/mail and news, no need to go through hoops
> to get firefox and thunderbird to work together, the same advantages the
> suite has but using the new rendering engine for 'modern' websites, same
> network layer.  its really for people who used and got used to the suite
> but want to use it on modern websites and against newer servers.

This should positioned as a replacement for the old mozilla
suite (www/mozilla) with a -devel subpackage and updates
to www/galeon and www/epiphany to use it. My next update
to eclipse will be able to use seamonkey to build, so there's
no need to update that. Actually I'm planning on adding a
firefox -devel package at some point and switching eclipse
over to use that instead.

If you update your diff to include a -devel subpackage and
create diffs for galeon and ephiphay to use it, I think
this would be a worthwhile addition to the ports tree.

-Kurt