On Tuesday 09 January 2007 12:08, Kurt Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 January 2007 2:27 pm, J.C. Roberts wrote:
> > Building and installing the lang/jdk/1.3, lang/jdk/1.3-linux and
> > lang/jdk/1.4 ports of 4.0-STABLE worked perfectly. Though I can't
> > test the 1G issue you mentioned, I did hit an issue building the
> > lang/kaffe dependency while trying to build the devel/jdk/1.5 port.
> >
> > I've managed to repeat the error on the second attempt when just
> > trying to build /lang/kaffe
> >
> > The 'easy' part works just fine ;-)
> >   # make
> > completes successuflly
> >
> > The problem is when building the package.
> >   # make package
> > this dies a miserable death...
> >
> > You might want to note that the error below is sligtly different
> > than the one posted to misc@ on the first time through. Somehow
> > junk is getting appended to one of the path names. "Documeowwve"
> > below and "javaoosowxuownonowmkwssxozuwo" in the error previously
> > posted error sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Yea that sure is unusual. Kinda looks like memory or disk
> problems at first glance especially since it changes and
> has random values.
>
> There also is a possibility this is due to pthreads. I changed
> how pthreads deals with pipes in -current to work-around a random
> OOo build failure see mostly on mp systems. Did you by chance
> pipe stdout and/or stderr somewhere (i.e. tee, portslogger)?

Just for the archives.

My problem was caused by a corrupted file and was fixed by a simple cvs
update.

I've continued with the testing (i386 dmesg in this thread) and I've
been able to build devel/jdk/1.3 devel/jdk/1.4 and devel/jdk/1.5
without any problems.

The only outstanding question is, has "bofh" gotten 1.5 to compile and
install correctly on his amd64 box with Kurt's previous suggestion?

jcr