On 1/18/07, steven mestdagh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jeremy Evans [2007-01-17, 15:33:36]:
> This is an update of SciTE and Scintilla from version 1.54 to 1.72
> (changes at http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/ScintillaHistory.html).
> Major changes are moving from GTK1 to GTK2 (so tabs are supported) and
> new and updated lexers.  Builds and runs find on i386-current. I've
> been using a similar port for 1.70 and 1.71 for about 6 months on
> amd64 (on 3.9/4.0-release) without problems.
>
> This port currently doesn't have maintainer, so I'm offering to take
> maintainership (included in the attached diffs).
>
> lib-depends-check on Scintilla says gtk-x11-2 and gdk-x11-2 are Extra,
> but I'm pretty sure they are required.
>
> Please test and commit.

                char *p;
                while ((p = strstr (unixStyleFileName, "//")) != NULL) {
-                       strcpy (p, p + 1);
+                       strlcpy (p, p + 1, sizeof(p));
                }

This does not do what you seem to expect.
I'm simply removing stuff like this from the diff.
As Nikolay said yesterday, this strl* stuff should be fixed upstream,
rather than in our tree ...

That's fine.  The strl* changes were made back when that was still
recommended practice.  I've already contacted upstream and they will
not be making similar changes.  The one patch that is important
(besides the makefile patches) is patch-src_KeyWords_cxx in scintilla.
Without that, SciTE goes into an infinite loop when loading lexers.
I mentioned this on the scintilla mailing list and they said it might
be do to an unusual build setup (lexers are usually statically linked,
but are dynamically linked on OpenBSD).  I fixed it by changing the
while loop to a for loop.  See
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/scintilla-interest/3269695
for details.

Jeremy