On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 01:00:18AM -0800, J.C. Roberts wrote:
> On Thursday 25 January 2007 13:18, Joachim Schipper wrote:
> > If you are willing to use Scheme instead, which is of course very
> > similar,
>
> Shhhhhhh! -Saying stuff like that in public will attract the CL zealots;
> it's kind of like leaving food out and watching all the cockroaches
> show up. ;-)
>
> If you ever thought msic@ was bad, check out comp.lang.lisp

I lurk there occasionally, yes. It's hard to disagree with your
assessment, although it seems they are a little more newbie-friendly
than we are (on the other hand, we don't have threads called 'Why is
OpenBSD so great?').

Still, chicken is nice, and solves the distribution problem (if I ever
manage to write something useful, I can just send someone a tarball of C
code, instead of requiring everyone to install my favourite flavour of
not-that-Common Lisp).

                Joachim