On Tuesday 06 March 2007 1:37:33 am Gregory Steuck wrote:
> But there are crashes and this is one I caught:
>
> [New process 12726, thread 0x82258400]
>
> Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.

> [Switching to process 12726, thread 0x8a21b000]
> 0x0c9c6b42 in nsFrameManager::GetPrimaryFrameFor(nsIContent*) () from
> /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libgklayout.so.19.0
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x0c9c6b42 in nsFrameManager::GetPrimaryFrameFor(nsIContent*) () from
> /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libgklayout.so.19.0

Ok now we're getting somewhere. :-)

I should have mentioned in my first email that you
should be running gdb on the -debug flavor package.
Running gdb on the non-debug pkg is helpful but with the
debug flavor you should get line numbers and they
really help the process along. ;-)

I looked briefly at GetPrimaryFrameFor() in
./mozilla/layout/base/nsFrameManager.cpp, but without
line numbers I can't make any progress. It can be any
number of null pointer de-refs or the like.

Here's what I suggest you do; Update your ports
tree to -current, make sure you have nspr-4.6.5
installed (to fix the issue Martynas pointed out),
build & install the debug flavor of firefox 2.0.0.2p1,
catch the segfault again.

Open a bug report at mozilla.org with the stack trace
with line numbers and include any other relevant
info like how to reproduce, architecture, ulimits, etc.
Send ports@ the link to the bug report and I'll add
whatever comments I can come up with to the bug report.

-Kurt