On 09/01/2021 3:03 a.m., Stefan Hagen wrote:
Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2021/01/08 14:49, Steve Williams wrote:
I want to work on a port that is a pet project (guacamole/xfreerdp).
There are a bunch of dependencies on the port  and I was wondering if
there is an easy way to either

    1) Tell the ports system to use packages to fulfill any dependencies
See Stuard's response. If you want to make it permanent, you can
echo "FETCH_PACKAGES=" >> /etc/mk.conf

    2) generate a list of dependencies that can be fed to pkg_add
Read ports(7)
$ make print-build-depends
$ make print-run-depends

I have been manually adding the packages based on the dependencies in
the ports Makefile, but after doing this manual process a bunch of
times (yes, I finally made a shell script), I was wondering if there
was an easier way.
If you install a package, dependencies are installed as well. If you
deinstall the package, you can deinstall unused dependencies with
"pkg_delete -a". Be aware that manually installing dependencies marks
them as manually installed and pkg_delete -a won't automatically delete
them.

Best Regards,
Stefan
Hi

Thanks for the pointers and for all the work on the ports infrastructure.  It's pretty amazing.

I was able to get my development system upgraded and all the packages installed.

I have a "work in progress" port for freerdp.  There has been a problem with the most recent release version connecting to older systems (Server 2012, XP, etc) with the glyph cache.  I noticed in the freerdp main tree, they have disabled the glyph caching, marked it as broken and "won't fix".  So I modified my port to check the main branch (not a release) of freerdp.
[1], [2], [3]

The patches I have (pertaining to a very strange timer implementation) still applied and I now have a (hacked) port of freerdp.  xfreerdp even works (at a basic level) to Windows XP and Windows 7.

Along with this, I have a guacamole port running leveraging the freerdp build and guacamole connects to the Windows XP and Windows 7 system as well (by default, not having to disable the glyph cache in guacamole).

The freerdp port is all hacked, returning non-error values instead of error values in the freerdp timer code (and diagnostic messages)... It's partly to see exactly where the timer code is used.

Now I need to dive into the freerdp timer code and decide the best approach.

It's interesting working on this stuff :)

Thanks again,
Steve Williams

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1191
[2] https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues/6505#issuecomment-705732350