On 1/19/21 1:18 PM, Daniel Jakots wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 10:58:24 -0500, Aisha Tammy
> <openbsd.po...@aisha.cc> wrote:

>>> Probably best talk to maintainer, some people prefer to keep ports
>>> on LTS versions.
>>>

>> I see. I've cc'ed Daniel for their input.
>
> Yes, please cc maintainers.
>
> I probably won't have time to look at it before the weekend but here's
> a few things. Please don't send just diff but give details about what
> you looked at. The committer will need to figure some stuff out, stuff
> that you should already have figured yourself. It's helpful to mention
> them to avoid duplicate work.
>
> Here's what I have in mind: can you link the release notes? Bonus point
> if you noticed anything worth mentioning.
> What have you tested? New Haproxy brings most of the time some libressl
> "fun", and iirc they reworked the logging. As a maintainer note, here's
> what happens with haproxy users: "few" people try their setups on
> -current and whenever there's a new OpenBSD release, a few days after
> it people complain stuff is broken :)
>
> Lastly, why do you want to update to 2.3? Is there any new feature you
> need/want? As Stuart mentioned, some people prefer to keep ports on LTS
> versions. While I'm not saying it's my case, a compelling reason is
> helpful ;)
>

> Cheers,
> Daniel

Hi,
  I've linked the release note highlights of 2.2
https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg37852.html
and the full changelog of 2.3
https://www.haproxy.org/download/2.3/src/CHANGELOG

An important highlight (which is why I updated haproxy)
was that since 2.2 haproxy now supports keeping the private and
public keys in separate files, while previously, they needed to be
in the same file. This allows us to directly use the output of
acme-client(1) without doing extra scripting.

The latest stable is 2.3.4, the latest LTS is 2.2. Both of them
have the acme-client compatibility so I am fine with either (though
personally I'm partial to 2.3 just cuz its new and shiny).

The libressl support seems to be doing fine. I have a test website
running behind haproxy which is working (with ocsp as
well) https://www.epsilonknot.xyz, so that seems OK. The logging
is definitely something I have not looked into a lot so if someone
can take a peek at that, that would be nice.

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Aisha