Stuart Henderson writes:
> Are you doing your testing with
> strict vm.malloc_conf options? It is unrealistic to expect random crap
> from ports to work with anything tighter than the defaults (and even the
> defaults are asking a bit much for some of it..)

I've run vm.malloc_conf=SU for the last few years and while it helpfully
exposes a few new bugs it's not significantly moreso than what you get
from running OpenBSD in the first place, in my experience. IMO it's a
good idea for porters (those who aren't already swamped anyway) to run
with these options. Not unrealistic for day-to-day use even outside of
base.