On 2021/02/23 07:44, Rafael Ávila de Espíndola wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I see that you added
>
>  touch -r .version Makefile.in aclocal.m4 m4/ltversion.m4 configure
>
> Which I assume is to prevent make from trying to recreate those files. I
> also see that you upgraded autoconf:

Yes, it happens because the timestamps in the distfile were out of order.
I added -dm to MAKE_FLAGS while I was figuring this out. None of the
patches in the port touch autoconf/automake input files so this is ok.

> AUTOCONF_VERSION= 2.69
>
> But given the "touch", is autoconf still needed?

It's needed for tests, I moved it to TEST_DEPENDS as well. (I made sure
that those still work when libtool is configured/built with autoconf
not present).

Re AUTOCONF_VERSION, I checked the version of the bundled generated
configure script and set the same, this is usually the best method for
ports.