On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:36:10PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> https://www.openbsd.org/faq/ports/specialtopics.html#SharedLibs

Thanks! I'm not sure though how to replace SHARED_LIBS automatically in
the GNU machinery, so I resorted to patches (which will have to be
updated if SHARED_LIBS changes).

> missing WANTLIB, see "make port-lib-depends-check"

``make lib-depends-check'' is not happy about the internal dependency
of libmpdec++ on libmpdec:

openbsd-amd64# make lib-depends-check

mpdecimal-2.5.1(math/mpdecimal):
Missing lib: mpdec.0 (/usr/local/lib/libmpdec++.so.0.0) (NOT REACHABLE)
Extra:  c.96
Scanning: ok
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/math/mpdecimal
(/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2430 'lib-depends-check': @case
X${_DEPENDS_CACHE} in  X)...)

I also tried splitting the package into two libraries by literally
copying devel/gmp/Makefile and substituting the necessary parts.

But I never got that particular check to work.

> portcheck(1) may spot other things

portcheck -N is silent, I've attached a new version, which does not
split the library packages.

Stefan Krah