This is current/amd64 running the latest chromium package.
The user icon in the upper right corner says "not signed in",
and indeed chrome does not sync. I don't see any place
where I could sign in, but I know this used to work:
I logged into my Google account when setting up sync.

Now Settings > You and Google just calls me "Person 1"
(renamable to whatever).

Is anyone seeing the same? How do you log into
your Google Account in Chrome?

(I can even be logged into my Google account on the Google
account webpage that Crhome is displaying, but from Chrome's
point of view, I am still "Not signed in".)

        Jan