On Sun, Jun 06, 2021 at 04:09:09PM -0600, Todd C. Miller wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 21:56:40 +0200, Theo Buehler wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 07:21:44PM -0600, Todd C. Miller wrote:
> > > Another port I'd like to update needs a newer version of bison that
> > > we provide so I've updated to the lastest version.
> >
> > The bison update broke the build of graphics/cfdg on sparc64 and thus
> > likely on all other base-gcc arches.
> >
> > The first build failure is here (it uses bison 3.7.6):
> > http://build-failures.rhaalovely.net/sparc64/2021-05-17/graphics/cfdg.log
>
> That appears to be using gcc-8.4, not base gcc.  It's not clear to
> me how the bison change affects this but I'm not great at reading
> c++ compiler error messages.

I don't know why either, but I did check that it's the bison update,
i.e., installing the old bison version makes the port build.

Yes, the port compiles with gcc-8.4. The port's Makefile has

COMPILER =      base-clang ports-gcc

so if the architecture has not switched to using clang in base (i.e., is
a base-gcc architecture), it will use gcc from ports. That's why I
expect all such architectures to be affected.