Hi,

> There is an existing port draft by bcallah@ and cwen@ in openbsd-wip
> [2]. I've graciously adopted the patches to the bundled physfs for
> big endian compatibility and to use ~/.local/share/VVVVVV/ for the
> assets file data.zip.

Actually, that patch may not be needed, because VVVVVV does not support
big endian archs [0], as i've found out later. Yet i've built your port
on macppc, and indeed colors are off, most sprites are not displayed, so
i think it needs a 'NOT_FOR_ARCHS=${BE_ARCHS}' at least.

> Some comments on where I diverge from the version in openbsd-wip:
> [...]
> - Compiles with std=c++98, so looks to me like base-gcc can be
> included in COMPILER...

Due to [0], it won't be built on sparc64, the last GCC arch
we build packages for, so i think the COMPILER line can safely be
removed.

> [...]

Charlène.

[0] https://github.com/TerryCavanagh/VVVVVV/pull/461