I have used Firefox from packages, with uBlock Origin, for several years. I
used to favor Chrome, it seemed to do better with Google stuff like gmail,
docs, sheets, etc. but haven't noticed that lately.

Every once in a while some site with some runaway JS garbage will bring Firefox
to its knees, but it's been pretty good in general. The ad blocker helps avoid

I'm not a big user of tabs, but I do normally have three or four separate
profiles running, each with a few windows or tabs.