Hmm, I have it running, for a while, just to maintain my wallet. Didn't care about mining.  Only thing I remember tweaking was some OpenSSL -> LibreSSL stuff, which I put on GitHub.  Maybe it's fixed upstream in some other way now.

https://github.com/niklasha/monero

I have not looked at it for many months, I see it is 160 commits behind :-)

Anyways, do with it what you please...

On 2022-01-09 00:07, fo...@dnmx.org wrote:
Hello there.

I am new to OpenBSD so sorry for not doing this myself, I got a mountain
to learn.

Can I ask someone why hasn't anyone ported monero dameon and the monero
wallet client (CLI or GUI)?
Does it even need porting? The list says that the CLI wallet supports
FreeBSD.

I am sorry that I ask for things instead of trying out things myself
first, but this is only because of security. I cannot trust myself to make
a good security audit of the situation, let alone the code, at least not
yet.

You might wonder why is this important.
It's important if you value anonymity, privacy and decentralization.
Yes, it is a cryptocurrency, but if I were to be mining it again, I'd mine
it, like I was before, for privacy, anonymity and independence, and not
for profit.

Also when we're at it, one of decent miners is xmrig

https://getmonero.org/
https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig

Please, best regards,
fossy