On 2022/01/28 20:44, Stefan Hagen wrote:
> Brad Smith wrote (26.01.22 05:16):
> > Here is an update to libsmb2 4.0.0.
> >
> > * Mon Jan 17 2022 : Version 4.0.0
> >  - Add support for SMB3 encryption
> >  - Add support for Anonymous NTLMSSP logins
> >  - Add support for readlink.
> >  - Add API to notify application of changes to which filehandles are used
> > by libsmb2.
> >  - Add suppport for Big Endian DCERPC and allow it to be controlled from
> > the URL.
> >  - Add support for 3.1.1 signing
> >  - Add support for PS2(EE) and PS3
> >  - Fixes to UCS2 when compose characters are used.
> >  - Various MacOS fixes
> >  - Fix a few NULL dereferences
>
> Hi Brad,
>
> compiles and packages fine.
>
> What is a good way to test this? I could not find a way to make vlc or
> elisa connect to smb. Maybe I need avahi on my smb server to make it
> show up in zeroconf in vlc?

for vlc:

media / open network stream / smb://host/path/ (maybe with a filename
as well, if you leave that out it seems to play the first file but you
can see others if you open the playlist)

you can set a user/password in tools / prefs / show settings: all /
input/codecs / access modules / smb2

the library major was bumped so you'll need to rebuild vlc to use the
new version.