On 2022/09/28 12:50, Renaud Allard wrote:
> > >   RUN_DEPENDS =   devel/py-jsonschema${MODPY_FLAVOR}>=3.0.0 \
> > > +         devel/py-setuptools-rust${MODPY_FLAVOR}>=1.3.0
> >
> > This should only be a build not run dep.
>
> Actually, it's needed to run, otherwise, you get this:
> ERROR:root:Synapse 1.68.0 needs setuptools_rust, but it is not installed

Oh blech. Looks like they are trying to workaround an issue they're
running into with poetry and still keep everything working with "pip
install" too,

: # This is for building the rust components during "poetry install", which
: # currently ignores the `build-system.requires` directive (c.f.
: # https://github.com/python-poetry/poetry/issues/6154). Both `pip install` and
: # `poetry build` do the right thing without this explicit dependency.
: #
: # This isn't really a dev-dependency, as `poetry install --no-dev` will fail,
: # but the alternative is to add it to the main list of deps where it isn't
: # needed.
: setuptools_rust = ">=1.3"

As things stand, by having this RDEP you're pulling in the rust compiler
as a run dependency, as well as setuptools_rust itself, setuptools, and
a few others. (Maybe I can move setuptools_rust's RDEP on lang/rust
now that we're not trying to build cryptography on !rust archs, I'll
take a look).

Anyway I would try patching out that line in pyproject.toml, it shouldn't
affect anything else and will cut the run deps down by a reasonable amount.