I don't usually respond on here, but I felt it important to mention, there is a better DS emulator in the works, that uses a crapton less dependencies than desmume and melonDS.

It currently is specified as rolling release and might not be to your standards yet, but I will show you the link, in case any of you are interested...

It really only requires a few things, including portaudio, which does in fact work with sndio. I have tried it before with it, thanks to one of your very kind devs forking portaudio to work with it on a github repo.

Anywho these are the dependencies:

|install libwxgtk3.0-dev portaudio19-dev|

|https://github.com/Hydr8gon/NooDS|