On Sat 14/01/2023 08:33, aisha wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've attached update for www/vaultwarden-web to 2023.1.0.
>
> This needs testers as upstream has mentioned "latest version of
> vaultwarden-web might not always be compatible with latest version of
> vaultwarden".
>
> Moving forward I will try to give these ports some fresh air for a while by
> letting them sit in the mailing list for a while.
> Testers would be really appreciated.

I'm not sure that it makes sense to update www/vaultwarden-web
independent from security/vaultwarden. Reason is given above ("...might
not always be compatible..."). Maybe we should follow upstream of
vaultwarden, and wait with updating www/vaultwarden-web. Docker
containers of the next release of vaultwarden will use
vaultwarden-web-2023.1.0 [0].

Do you know what the reason is for having separate ports for
vaultwarden-web and vaultwarden? What do you think of combining the
first with the latter? Something similar as what FreeBSD [1] and NetBSD
[2] seem to do.

[0]
https://github.com/dani-garcia/vaultwarden/commit/9b7e86efc23d6bbb5ee350160085ab8d8421d628
[1]