Le Tue, 14 Feb 2023 06:25:02 +0000,
Tiemen Werkman <tie...@opifexonline.com> a écrit :

> Hey all,
>
> Which OpenBSD release version am I supposed to use?
> I have just started learning to update a port. I simply started all the
> work on the stable release(7.2) and submitted the update. Only now did
> it occur to me that there is of course also snapshots. Does this matter?
>
> Second question:
> New packages are not made available for older releases. However updates
> for some packages are available. Are all updates to packages made
> available to the supported stable release or do some package updates
> have to wait for the next release?
>
> Tiemen Werkman

The binary packages of the last stable release are only receiving
security updates, or fixes to unbreak a program (mostly only after the
release is out).

They are provided on the mirrors, so you just have to use pkg_add -u to
keep your packages up to date, and sysupdate to keep the base system up
to date.