On 2023-05-19 12:07 a.m., A Tammy wrote:
On 5/18/23 23:54, Brad Smith wrote:
On 2023-05-18 11:37 p.m., A Tammy wrote:
On 5/18/23 02:18, Brad Smith wrote:
On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 05:10:08PM -0400, Brad Smith wrote:
Here is a port for asio.

This is the standalone copy unlike the Boost integrated version.

Information for inst:asio-1.28.0

Comment:
header-only C++ library for asynchronous I/O programming

Asio is a cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level I/O
programming that provides developers with a consistent asynchronous
model using a modern C++ approach.
and here is a diff to have galera use the external copy. The included
version is very old.
why can't this use the library from devel/boost ?
At one point 13 years ago they did. They intentionally made the
switch. You would
have to ask upstream.
Oh, I didn't know that it needed anything explicit from a project to use
the devel/boost copy instead of standalone ASIO.

Is it a build system level thing (like needing to
-I/usr/local/include/boost/asio/) or some more complex function name
mangling?

Am asking that cuz if its just the build system then maintaining a
separate copy of ASIO with its own set of patches sounds a bit more
tedious than patching the build system.

No, it's not that simple. It's intentional.

https://github.com/codership/galera/commit/b0ca8b67d345811476418168f493b45da6d32717

There are no patches and that's definitely not the case.