On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 08:13:39PM +0300, Sergii Dmytruk wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 05:33:15PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > New tgz attached with tweaks:
> >
> > - we can't use -march=native in package builds
> > - shared lib versions must be under control of the SHARED_LIBS variable
> > - don't install shlib symlinks
> > - use category 'sysutils' not 'devel'
> >
> > ports-wise I'm happy with it, but I tried running 'efivar -l' as root
> > and hit a kernel panic but I am on a kernel from a couple of days ago
> > and there's a hackathon on, so that might not have been directly related
> > to efivar / /dev/efi and might have already been fixed, will retest on a
> > newer kernel sometime later or tomorrow.
>
> Thanks, tiny edit: added a comment for the new patch.
>
> Not sure about the kernel panic.  Updated to the latest snapshot and
> everything seems to work well.  If it won't go away, I can look into it
> if you provide a backtrace.

With help from jasper we just tested it successfully on his machine and
imported sysutils/efivar, thanks.

It remains unhooked, that means it won't show up in binary packages and
you have to build/install it yourself.

Once we know more about these crashes and hpefully fixed them, the port
will be hooked up as usual.