On Tue, Aug 01 2023, Sebastien Marie wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 01, 2023 at 03:34:30PM +0300, Timo Myyrä wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the review, the suggested fixes seem to work and here is
>> updated diff:
>>

> I have one main concern with the diff: it is installing lot of gerbil stuff
> directly inside /usr/local/lib.
>
> PLIST extract (with @bin stripped for readability):
>       lib/gx-gambc.o1
>       lib/gx-gambc0.o1
>       lib/gx-gambc1.o1
>       lib/gx-gambc2.o1
>       lib/gx-init-exe.scm
>       lib/gx-init-static-exe.scm
>       lib/gx-init.scm
>       lib/gxi-init.scm
>       lib/gxi-interactive.scm
>       lib/init.ss
>       lib/r7rs-init.ss
>       lib/scheme/
>       lib/scheme/base-etc.ssi
>       lib/static/
>       lib/static/gerbil__core$_MOP_$_MOP_1_.scm
>       lib/static/gerbil__core$_MOP_$_MOP_2_.scm
>       lib/std/
>       lib/std/actor/
>       lib/std/actor.ssi
>       lib/std/actor.ssxi.ss
>
> is it possible to move that to some subdirectory ?
>
> and a little nits below.
>
> thanks.

Yeah, the previous version installed gerbil to /usr/local/gerbil but
this requires setting GERBIL_HOME environment variable pointing there
and adding /usr/local/gerbil/bin to PATH. Ideally the lib stuff would be
put to /usr/local/lib/gerbil so they would not interfere with other
ports.

I'll see if I can manage to do that somehow and have gerbil work without
setting extra env variables. Otherwise I think the safest option would
be to install the whole thing to /usr/local/gerbil with possibly adding
symlinks to /usr/local/bin to avoid PATH setting...

Timo