On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 03:27:26PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2023/10/16 21:07, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > OK kn when that works on sparc64 for you and got wrapped in a
> > CHOSEN_COMPILER or MACHINE_ARCH check.
>
> CHOSEN_COMPILER is messy because it has to go after the final
> .include <bsd.port.mk>
>
> Using MACHINE_ARCH and enumerating the base-gcc archs is a
> terrible idea for this.
>
> Could do !${PROPERTIES:Mclang} though my strong preference would
> be to avoid difference between flags on the different archs and
> always add to CXXFLAGS..

I would also have preferred that since I don't really see the reason
for treating gcc and clang differently, just because clang happens to
work for a reason that I did not investigate.

I used this (since I just used something similar for shared-mime-info)
and it does the expected:

EXTRA_ports-gcc +=      -I${LOCALBASE}/include
CXXFLAGS +=             ${EXTRA_${CHOSEN_COMPILER}}