Hi Joshua,

joshua stein wrote on Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 01:17:02AM -0500:
> I wrote:

>> Hi Jasper, hi Steven, hi Wijnand,
>>
>> i reworked jasper@'s version of the net/jabberd14 port in two
>> respects.  Hopefully, this is now final...
>
> what is going on with this port?  is it still being worked on or
> ready for more testing?

After the mail you are citing here, steven@ sent me a truckload
of useful comments.  I implemented all those, except one: The
current version of the port dies from SIGSEGV when sent SIGTERM.
This needs debugging.  My first try, many weeks ago, lead to nothing.
Steven tried to fix it, too, but his first idea was wrong.  Nobody
else found the time to look.  I don't say it's extremly difficult, i
just lacked the time for proper debugging due to my new job...

Perhaps i should send what i currently have to ports@ such that
others can help.  I hope i shall come round to that tonight.

> i just replaced my jabberd2 installation with this port on 4.1/amd64
> and haven't seen any problems so far.

Thanks for caring,
  Ingo