On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 09:57:35AM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
> 2007/7/12, Jacob Meuser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> >On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:30:28AM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> working on various ports, i've seen that make plist puts ${BASE_PKGPATH}
> >in
> >> my PLIST / PFRAG.shared where normally there should be the package name
> >"in
> >> clear".
> >> Where can this come from ? Is it normal ?
> >
> >look at SUBST_VARS description in bsd.port.mk(5)
> >
> >> I've just updated usr.sbin/pkg_add and ports/infrastructure, doesn't
> >seem to
> >> change this.
> >>
> >> For a port installing python files in
> >> lib/python${MODPY_VERSION}/site-packages, i suppose i need
> >> MODULES=lang/python ? Does it imply RUN/BUILD_DEPENDS on python24 ?
> >
> >MODULES have .mk files in ${PORTSDIR}/infrastructure/mk/
> >
> >quick grep for MODULES in bsd.port.mk(5) comes up empty though.  not
> >sure how to best describe them.

MODULES do not need to have stuff in infrastructure/mk. In fact, we
no longer put most of them there, and I should zap the unneeded ones.

They're mostly not documented because there is still some arcane art
involved, due to when they are parsed, and what they are allowed to do,
if you do not want to run into issues later.

This is on my list of things to fix eventually. It was intentionally so.
Specifically, I wanted to get a better feel to what was appropriate before
documenting stuff...