On 2007/07/21 00:17, Markus Bergkvist wrote:
> Fair enough. But shouldn't ports(7) say something like
>
> "If FORCE_UPDATE is set to `Yes', dependencies will also be updated first,
> and packages will be updated, as soon as there is a difference between the
> old and the new packages." (with some grammar and allusion corrections
> perhaps)
>
> to correspond to what bsd.port.mk(5) says on FORCE_UPDATE='Yes'? But then
> again, it might just be me not understanding what I'm reading.

That makes sense to me. This was probably just missed when
FORCE_UPDATE=hard was added (=Yes always used to force install,
it was changed to the current Yes/hard a while ago). I stand
by it being overkill for ports(7) though.

I think I'd go for 'the old and new packages' (remove the second
'the') but the rest of the wording sounds fine to me. jmc might have
other ideas though :)