On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 10:23:05AM +0100, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> Puppet 6 made room for Puppet8. Initial port for Puppet8 was sent to me by
> Alex Talaran.
> It took me a while to test and prepare. With Puppet6 gone, and for Puppet7
> all dependencies updated,
> I think Puppet8 is good to go. Puppet8 agent works well for me on amd64
> against puppetdb/puppetserver v8.
>
> Attached tarball to be extracted in sysutils/ruby-puppet
>
> Any feedback, or even OK to import welcome!

I only have serverless setups and won't roll out db/server.
The agent port looks good and works in light testing, but I'd be easier
for me to just pkg_add it on a bunch of machines to test more.

Why this when 7 has no @pkgpath markers?
        @pkgpath sysutils/ruby-puppet/6
        @pkgpath sysutils/ruby-puppet/7

I would expect it to conflict with installed puppet, this leads to

        $ make install
        ===>  Installing puppet-8.4.0 from /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/
        puppet-7.28.0->8.4.0: ok
        Read shared items: ok
        You should also run rm -rf /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/*
        You may wish to remove
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2/gems/puppet-7.28.0/man from man.conf
        You may wish to add /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2/gems/puppet-8.4.0/man
to /etc/man.conf