Hello.

Kirill A. Korinsky wrote in
 <5285e80cbc0d1...@mx2.catap.net>:
 |On Fri, 10 May 2024 10:47:43 +0100,
 |Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
 |> On 2024/05/10 11:40, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
 |>> Afaict dkimpproxy is not using opendkim but p5-Mail-DKIM. dkimproxy
 |>> itself also hasn't seen a update since many years, but the underlying
 |>> perl lib has been last updated last january (and could use an update
 |>> in the port).
 |>>
 |>> So unless you imply that because many people use opendkim, ed25519
 |>> based signatures shouldn't be used at all I'm not sure I understand
 |>> what you're saying.
 |>
 |> ed25519 can be used, but at the moment if you do use it, you probably
 |> want to be double-signing with both that + rsa-sha256.
 |>

 |I imply that using ed25519 usually leads to malformed signature, and some
 |big hosting providers treat double signature as bad signature if some of
 |them are not RSA-SHA256. A notable example is icloud.com, which delivers \
 |all
 |emails with double signatures to the junk folder. At least that's what they
 |did the last time I checked in December'23.

Then these are not standard compliant.  The DKIM standard 6376
*explicitly* supports multiple signatures.

 |So I suggest to put in README and config exmaple that using anything other
 |than RSA-SHA256 may lead to delivery email to thte junk. Unfortunately, \
 |this
 |includes duble signatures as well.

On the IETF DKIM list there are people which told me they use such
a configuration since 2019 without any issues, and i myself use it
for two months, too, and did not have problems; that cloud thing
i never saw, though.

Btw my postfix-only s-dkim-sign will become a port soon, i only
want to have an update to s-postgray first, and then do all the
ports in one go.  Dunno whether i make it tomorrow, but early next
week for sure.  (It simply compiles, tests and runs on OpenBSD out
of the box.)

--steffen