On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2007/09/14 16:49, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> > Posted to ports-bugs, .. but nobody caught it.
>
> TBH, I never noticed that list before. Most ports discussion is
> on ports@ (cc'd and reply-to set) or with the relevant maintainer
> (see the output from 'pkg_info <packagename>').

NP, ..

> > Has anyone else noticed the p1 package is broken [Warning: Cannot change to
> > directory - known bug]? Is there a simple way to revert to p0 (which does
> > work)?
>
> Can you give more details like, when this happens? I don't have a
> spare system to run -stable on, but there's been no change to the port
> between 4.1 and -current where it appears to install and work ok.

I have two 4.1 -stable machines, .. one with the p0 version (it was
installed ftp just before the CD was released), and another system built
from CD that came with the p1 version.

P1 has the 'Warning, cannot change to directory:' problem - same symptoms
as described in:

   http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5861?dev=399

It mentions a problem with glibc, but I do not know if that is the cause
of the problem on 4.1, but it might give some clue?

I'd be happy to run any test you'd like, .. could even provide a login on
that machine if needed (it's not a production machine).

        Lee