On Mon, Jul 27, 2026 at 01:14:34PM -0700, Thomas Frohwein wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2026 18:24:57 -0400
> Brad Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Within the last few months recoil-rts has gained support for building
> > on aarch64. The following diff fixes building the port on aarch64.
>
> Thanks, Brad. This is a fairly big port and I'm reluctant to enable it
> for arm64 without reports on the test suite (`make test`) and runtime.
I had ran the test suite, ran into some that were failing. I tracked
down why one was failing and had the bug fixed upstream. The testClampRad
failure upstream is aware of and is undefined beavior for the failing test.
The test needs to be fixed.
93% tests passed, 2 tests failed out of 29
Total Test time (real) = 108.72 sec
The following tests FAILED:
17 - testCreg (Failed)
25 - testClampRad (Failed)
I can run beyond-all-reason and it downloads assets and the game runs.
I can run the Scenarios, the maps download and load. Its just slow as
I am running it remotely.
> A convenient way to test runtime (if you don't mind the assets that are
> downloaded into ~/.local/state/BAR) is running
>
> $ beyond-all-reason
>
> and then testing something from "Scenarios" (button on the left). The
> first one, "Fortress Assault" would be good one to just load up and give
> some commands to the units.
>
> Benchmarking can be done in the scenarios at the bottom, "Benchmark
> BAR" and "Benchmark pathfinding" will give some times for rendering and
> don't require input.
Being this is remote and it is not quick at all.
I am just trying to get the package to build and make sure it works as a
start on aarch64; since I noticed upstream added aarch64 support very
recently by a team of people working on macOS and Linux support.
Index: Makefile
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/games/recoil-rts/Makefile,v
retrieving revision 1.29
diff -u -p -u -p -r1.29 Makefile
--- Makefile 13 Aug 2026 13:53:11 -0000 1.29
+++ Makefile 25 Aug 2026 06:14:51 -0000
@@ -9,6 +9,7 @@ COMMENT = real-time strategy game engin
V = 2026.07.04
PKGNAME = recoil-rts-${V}
+REVISION = 0
DIST_TUPLE += github beyond-all-reason RecoilEngine ${V} .
DIST_TUPLE += github mikke89 RmlUi \
Index: patches/patch-rts_System_creg_SerializeLuaState_cpp
===================================================================
RCS file: patches/patch-rts_System_creg_SerializeLuaState_cpp
diff -N patches/patch-rts_System_creg_SerializeLuaState_cpp
--- /dev/null 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 -0000
+++ patches/patch-rts_System_creg_SerializeLuaState_cpp 25 Aug 2026 06:14:51
-0000
@@ -0,0 +1,15 @@
+- fix a unit test failing on OpenBSD/aarch64
+ fa50380be027b66f702efb4bc5a37b1d2c35f4f2
+
+Index: rts/System/creg/SerializeLuaState.cpp
+--- rts/System/creg/SerializeLuaState.cpp.orig
++++ rts/System/creg/SerializeLuaState.cpp
+@@ -1042,7 +1042,7 @@ void creg_lua_State::PostLoad()
+ }
+
+ size_t savedpc_offset = * (size_t *) &savedpc;
+- savedpc = GetProtoFromCallInfo(ci)->code + savedpc_offset;
++ savedpc = GetProtoFromCallInfo(ci - 1)->code + savedpc_offset;
+ }
+
+