It was with v2.5.1 and it was mostly HTTP scraper bot IPs filling the
database. Most were banned for 4 days while the rest (non faked user
agent) were banned for the rest of the year.

Unfortunately there isn't much else information I can provide since I
deleted the database file.

On Thu, 27 Aug 2026 17:51:15 +0200
ppom <[email protected]> wrote:

> Le 26/08/2026 à 06:45, [email protected] a écrit :
> > I'd also beware of big reaction databases. On one of my systems the
> > reaction database had grown to about 500MB which would require very
> > big daemon timeouts (60s wasn't enough, 120s is too long), would use
> > a very high amount of CPU usage for hours and slowly process pfctl
> > commands
> 
> Did you have this issue before or after v2.4.0?
> 
> https://framagit.org/ppom/reaction/-/releases/v2.4.0
> 
> An issue with big databases has been resolved, where reaction was 
> continuously trying to GC the DB past a certain DB size.
> 
> If you still have this issue with a 2.4.0 or later, I'd be glad to have 
> more information on that!
> 
> Best,
> 
> ppom

Reply via email to