Am 01.09.26 um 13:06 schrieb [email protected]:
Le Tue, Sep 01, 2026 at 11:55:44AM +0100, Leah Rowe a écrit :(I'm building it now, will confirm when it works)I normally do this after a build: make update-plist make update-patches Is there a way to do this before a build? Or is it recommended to build everything first? I normally do: make package Then I just install my package locally, using pkg_add -Dsnap -Dunsigned If I could update patches/plist easily before building, that would speed up testing, because I could do both in one go, thus halving the build time.technically, you can run make update-patches after make patch (thus, before building). if make patch fails, you know you need to update your patch list. but for make update-plist, you need make fake to have run, so you need to have built it. make package will fail if some files are still in the PLIST and are no longer installed, so you'll know you need to run make update-plist. but you need to run it anyway so that you pick up new files that arent present in the PLIST. oh, and i know cvs is annoying, but it's the tooling we use.
I suppose I could run just "make" instead of make package.That way, I don't get th failure in case plist lists files that aren't there anymore.
So in future, I will do: make patch make update-patches make make update-plist make packageas i understand it, if i've already ran make and make update-plist, all the required files will be there in order to make the package, so make-package would go quite fast in that case as it only then needs to compress the files, right?
I think I'll do it that way then, if that's OK next time. I'm confident though that this build will succeed. I'll remember to run make update-patches and update-plist afterward, re-submitting the patch if necessary.
Make update-patches confuses me. If it would produce a diff, but a ran it after running make, does that mean when building a package, and patching, it will do the equivalent of make update-patches just for applying them, but not actually update them? (sort of like git cherry pick without error)
OpenPGP_0x5C654067D383B1FF.asc
Description: OpenPGP public key
OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
