On Fri, Aug 28, 2026 at 11:58:28AM -0700, Nam Nguyen wrote:
> Kirill A. Korinsky writes:
> 
> > On Wed, 26 Aug 2026 14:30:38 +0200,
> > Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> 
> >> 
> >> If anyone wants to give it a try.  The no_x11 FLAVOR seems to work
> >> fine here.  I'm not sure yet why they appear to add .png files to the
> >> info/ subdirectory. *shrug*
> >>
> >
> > Works fine here, ok kirill@ if you need one.
> >
> > Anyway, make plist produces that diff:

The plist instability is an issue, last time I checked I had reasons
to keep the plist as it is now.  So I'm not touching it.

> Good catch. I didn't think about checking the orig files.
> 
> make port-lib-depends-check complains about webpdecoder and webp.
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> $ make port-lib-depends-check
> Password: 
> 
> emacs-31.1-gtk3(editors/emacs,gtk3):
> Missing: webp.4 from libwebp-1.6.0p2 (/usr/local/bin/emacs-31.1)
> Extra:  webpdecoder.2
> WANTLIB += webp
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> 
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> $ env LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS= emacs
>  Start            End              Type  Open Ref GrpRef Name
>         00000880af26d000 00000880af725000 exe   2    0   0      emacs
> ...        
>         00000882beea1000 00000882beea8000 rlib  0    1   0      
> /usr/local/lib/libwebpdemux.so.2.0
>         00000883a3acd000 00000883a3b6a000 rlib  0    2   0      
> /usr/local/lib/libwebp.so.4.4
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Yep, I noticed only after sending the first mail.  Fixed locally.

> For some reason `env LD_DEBUG= emacs' locks up and I have to kill the
> process.
> 
> I tested gtk3 and it works well.

Hmm, I guess I'll try to reproduce this hang wit the gtk3 FLAVOR.

> I had to M-x
> elisp-enable-lexical-binding on a bunch of files to silence some
> warnings.

As long as your elisp code doesn't rely on dynamic binding you should
be fine.  I'd suggest checking twice.

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Selecting-Lisp-Dialect.html
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Dynamic-Binding.html
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Converting-to-Lexical-Binding.html

emacs-31.1 update committed, thanks to all the folks who tested and
reported.
-- 
jca

Reply via email to