On Fri, Sep 04 2026, Nemin wrote:

> Hi Timo,
>
> Thanks for your work. It's nice to see the update come to OBSD so soon
> after its release! I was eager to try 6.0 out, but it seems one of the
> patches causes an issue on my machine.
>
> I'm running the newest 8.0 snapshot (4th of September). I made attempts
> with both the 7.9 ports tree and the newest snapshot's. Went to
> /usr/ports, piped your revised patchfile into `patch` and it applied
> most of them, until it got stuck here:
>
> Patching file lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd using Plan A...
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 1 with fuzz 2.
> Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to me...
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |  LINKER_LINK_SHARED_PROGRAM_OPTIONS = -Wl,-rpath="$(RUNTIME_LINKER_PATH)"
> --------------------------
> File to patch:
>
> At this point I was able to go one step further by entering
> lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd into the prompt, but then
> it died with the following:
>
> Patching file lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd using Plan A...
> patch: **** malformed patch at line 67: - USES_SONAME = yes
>
> The patcher seems to be confused by operating on another
> patchfile. However, once I removed this one patch, the rest applied
> without manual intervention.
>
> Here's what I removed (sorry for not using unified diff here, I feel
> it'd just cause the same problem, but on your end):
>
> 57,81d56
> < blob - b99132d32292378fe5548beb287706edc89d9cd6
> < file + lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd
> < --- lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd
> < +++ lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd
> < @@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
> <  Index: Makefile.bsd
> <  --- Makefile.bsd.orig
> <  +++ Makefile.bsd
> < -@@ -48,7 +48,7 @@ endif
> < +@@ -48,10 +48,9 @@ endif
> <   LINKER_LINK_SHARED_LIBRARY_OPTIONS = -shared
> <   LINKER_LINK_SHARED_DLOADABLE_OPTIONS = -shared 
> -Wl,-rpath="$(RUNTIME_LINKER_PATH)" \
> <     -Wl,-L.
> <   LINKER_LINK_SHARED_PROGRAM_OPTIONS = -Wl,-rpath="$(RUNTIME_LINKER_PATH)"
> < @@ -9,4 +9,7 @@ Index: Makefile.bsd
> <  +LIBCHICKEN_SO_LINKER_OPTIONS = \
> <    
> -Wl,-soname,lib$(PROGRAM_PREFIX)chicken$(PROGRAM_SUFFIX).so.$(LIBchicken_VERSION)
> <   LIBRARIES = -lm -lpthread
> <   NEEDS_RELINKING = yes
> < - USES_SONAME = yes
> < +-USES_SONAME = yes
> < + 
> < + # special files
> < + 
> < commit - 37c55a1ade7dcb3ed956cedadab2b7a71ea85742
>
> I then manually added the "-" before USES_SONAME into the
> patch-Makefile_bsd patchfile, then issued `make`, which proceeded
> without issue. Post build, I ran `make install`, which also succeeded.
>
> After that, I was able to launch chicken-csi, install stuff with
> chicken-install, and compile a test file with chicken-csc. So your
> update seems correct, but (unless I'm doing something capitally wrong)
> the patch is a little off.
>
> I hope this helps and thanks again!
>
> Best,
> Nemin

Well, two independent failure reports seem to indicate something wrong
on my side. I'm guessing my work tree is not up-to-date or something.
I'll look into this.

Thanks for testing,
Timo

Reply via email to