On 2026/09/04 20:00, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> 04.09.2026 22:32, Stuart Henderson пишет:
> > I think it would be better to set it all the time, like MODSIMPLE_configure 
> > does in bsd.port.mk.
> 
> Like so?

I meant in python.port.mk, I'd be pretty happy to do that without wider
testing in advance. Changing it in bsd.port.mk I'm a lot more twitchy
about..


> I also just noticed -O3 in matplotlib build logs and passing CXXFLAGS
> make meson append them, so default -O2 is used again and DEBUG gets honoured.
> 
> bsd.port.mk already adds CFLAGS to MAKE_ENV outside MODSIMPLE_configure,
> but not CXXFLAGS.
> 
> How about adding all just there, dropping C* things in python.port.mk?
> 
> 'make -V MAKE_ENV' in matplotlib shows them all without duplicates from
> other places.
> 
> 
> Index: lang/python/3/python.port.mk
> ===================================================================
> RCS file: /cvs/ports/lang/python/3/python.port.mk,v
> diff -u -p -r1.28 python.port.mk
> --- lang/python/3/python.port.mk      19 Jun 2026 13:49:04 -0000      1.28
> +++ lang/python/3/python.port.mk      4 Sep 2026 19:54:50 -0000
> @@ -223,7 +223,6 @@ MODPY_DISTUTILS_BUILD ?=  build --build-b
>  MODPY_DISTUTILS_INSTALL ?=   install --prefix=${TRUEPREFIX} \
>                               --root=${DESTDIR}
>  
> -MAKE_ENV +=          CC=${CC}
>  CONFIGURE_ENV +=     PYTHON="${MODPY_BIN}"
>  .if ${CONFIGURE_STYLE:Mgnu}
>  CONFIGURE_ENV +=     ac_cv_prog_PYTHON="${MODPY_BIN}" \
> Index: infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk
> ===================================================================
> RCS file: /cvs/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk,v
> diff -u -p -r1.1651 bsd.port.mk
> --- infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk     18 May 2026 23:38:23 -0000      1.1651
> +++ infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk     4 Sep 2026 19:58:38 -0000
> @@ -754,7 +759,8 @@ PORTHOME ?= /${PKGNAME}_writes_to_HOME
>  
>  MAKE_ENV += PATH='${PORTPATH}' PREFIX='${PREFIX}' \
>       LOCALBASE='${LOCALBASE}' X11BASE='${X11BASE}' \
> -     CFLAGS='${CFLAGS:C/ *$//}' \
> +     CC=${CC} CFLAGS=${CFLAGS:Q} \
> +     CXX=${CXX} CXXFLAGS=${CXXFLAGS:Q} \

have you looked into why it currently strips trailing spaces from 
CFLAGS? could it cause some subtle problem if it stops doing that?

>       TRUEPREFIX='${PREFIX}' ${DESTDIRNAME}='' \
>       HOME='${PORTHOME}'
>  
> 

Reply via email to