On 2026/09/10 11:11, Marco van Hulten wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I am trying to run qutebrowser-3.7.0 on OpenBSD/arm64 -current (ThinkPad
> X13s).  qutebrowser does not load any pages.  I am on last night's
> snapshot (base and packages).  Excluding config and loading a clean
> page:
> 
> marco@neutrino:~$ qutebrowser --temp-basedir https://openbsd.org/
> 10:29:19 WARNING: No physical devices
> [70215:34683714048:0910/102919.852395:ERROR:../../../qtwebengine-everywhere-src-6.11.1/src/3rdparty/chromium/dbus/bus.cc:408]
>  Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket 
> /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
> 
> (process:70215): GLib-CRITICAL **: 10:29:51.109: 
> g_main_context_pop_thread_default: assertion 'stack != NULL' failed
> 
> The page does not load, neither does ':help'.  Could this be
> OpenBSD[/arm64] specific or should this be reported upstream?
> 
> Recently, when on -stable with qutebrowser-3.7.0, this was not an issue.  
> 
> 
> Apropos, upstream on Github there are many open issues, often related to
> freezes (which I have been having over at least a year) or pages not
> loading (as written here).  My vague understanding is that there is a
> fast-moving software stack below qutebrowser (Python Qt, chromium),
> which probably means that such issues will keep on popping up.
> 
> What I like most about qutebrowser is that I can browse the web without
> a pointer, using vi-like keybindings.  I may try Luakit or vimb.
> 
>  Marco
> 

qutebrowser works ok on amd64.

It's probably worth trying something else that uses qt6webengine and
see if that works, e.g. konqueror. That would help narrow things
down.

Reply via email to