Johannes Thyssen Tishman wrote:
Forgot to CC ports@.

----- Forwarded message from Johannes Thyssen Tishman <[email protected]> -----

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2026 13:15:48 +0000
From: Johannes Thyssen Tishman <[email protected]>
To: Chris Billington <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: UPDATE: cad/librecad 2.2.1.1 > 2.2.1.5

2026-09-08T16:25:43+0800 Chris Billington <[email protected]>:
Diff attached updates cad/librecad from 2.2.1.1 to 2.2.1.5 (2 May 2026)
Probably one of last releases before changing to Qt6 (2.2.2)?

- multiple bugfixes incl copy/paste scaling, arc rendering
- translations updates
- add crash handler
- kbd shortcut: Shift-Space for cmd window focus
- dlgmtext default to unicode fonts

Tested on 8.0-beta Build date: 1788736025 - Sun Sep  6 23:07:05 UTC 2026
Light testing with a couple of imported DWG construction drawings

Tests, OKs? (Could this go into 8.0?)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the update. With your diff LibreCAD doesn't build for me
due to missing backtrace symbols. I'm assuming that is what the patch
you forgot to 'cvs add' was for?

? patches/patch-librecad_src_src_pro

I also noticed that git is used during configuration (if installed) to
determine the version:

$ grep -n 'which git' librecad/src/src.pro
49:    LC_VERSION=$$system([ "$(which git)x" != "x" -a -d ../../.git ] && echo "$(git 
describe)" || echo "$${LC_VERSION}")

I thought about patching this line out, but I realized that regardless
of if git is installed or not, the above line will resolve to the
hardcoded $LC_VERSION since no .git directory will be found. Does anyone
have an opinion on this?

Since I don't use LibreCAD and don't really know how to test runtime, I
tried building tests as explained here[1], but I couldn't get them to
run (I gave up quickly). Instead I tested runtime lightly by clicking
around and drawing things. I didn't run into any issues.

Ok jtt@ for the diff below that fixes the build.

[1] https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD#building-unit-tests

Index: Makefile
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/cad/librecad/Makefile,v
diff -u -p -r1.7 Makefile
--- Makefile    27 Apr 2025 18:39:09 -0000      1.7
+++ Makefile    16 Sep 2026 12:55:32 -0000
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ COMMENT =       2D CAD program
GH_ACCOUNT = LibreCAD
  GH_PROJECT =  LibreCAD
-GH_TAGNAME =   v2.2.1.1
+GH_TAGNAME =   v2.2.1.5
CATEGORIES = cad graphics @@ -11,7 +11,7 @@ HOMEPAGE = https://librecad.org
  # GPLv2 only
  PERMIT_PACKAGE =Yes
-WANTLIB += ${COMPILER_LIBCXX} GL Qt5Core Qt5Gui Qt5PrintSupport
+WANTLIB += ${COMPILER_LIBCXX} execinfo GL Qt5Core Qt5Gui Qt5PrintSupport
  WANTLIB += Qt5Svg Qt5Widgets c freetype m muparser
MODULES = devel/qmake \
Index: distinfo
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/cad/librecad/distinfo,v
diff -u -p -r1.3 distinfo
--- distinfo    27 Apr 2025 18:39:09 -0000      1.3
+++ distinfo    16 Sep 2026 12:55:32 -0000
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
-SHA256 (LibreCAD-2.2.1.1.tar.gz) = KcL2/KTgAY8emf4ySo6Rd3gMGwHENcKVCixSYnpH/b8=
-SIZE (LibreCAD-2.2.1.1.tar.gz) = 18597136
+SHA256 (LibreCAD-2.2.1.5.tar.gz) = cD9uZwG37kd2m23vJx+gJe8y4x7hk+K6aaLEf/+NpFk=
+SIZE (LibreCAD-2.2.1.5.tar.gz) = 20192101
Index: patches/patch-librecad_src_src_pro
===================================================================
RCS file: patches/patch-librecad_src_src_pro
diff -N patches/patch-librecad_src_src_pro
--- /dev/null   1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 -0000
+++ patches/patch-librecad_src_src_pro  16 Sep 2026 12:55:32 -0000
@@ -0,0 +1,11 @@
+Index: librecad/src/src.pro
+--- librecad/src/src.pro.orig
++++ librecad/src/src.pro
+@@ -85,6 +85,7 @@ win32 {
+ else:unix {
+     # lc_crashhandler: export symbols so backtrace_symbols() can resolve them
+     QMAKE_LFLAGS += -rdynamic
++    LIBS += -lexecinfo
+ }
+
+ DEFINES += LC_VERSION=\"$$LC_VERSION\"
Index: pkg/PLIST
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/cad/librecad/pkg/PLIST,v
diff -u -p -r1.4 PLIST
--- pkg/PLIST   27 Apr 2025 18:39:09 -0000      1.4
+++ pkg/PLIST   16 Sep 2026 12:55:33 -0000
@@ -1385,6 +1385,7 @@ share/librecad/library/templates/
  share/librecad/library/templates/empty.dxf
  share/librecad/patterns/
  share/librecad/patterns/angle.dxf
+share/librecad/patterns/angle45.dxf
  share/librecad/patterns/ansi31.dxf
  share/librecad/patterns/ar-b816.dxf
  share/librecad/patterns/ar-b816c.dxf
@@ -1450,6 +1451,7 @@ share/librecad/patterns/triangle_b.dxf
  share/librecad/plugins/
  @so share/librecad/plugins/libalign.so
  @so share/librecad/plugins/libasciifile.so
+@so share/librecad/plugins/libcircletools.so
  @so share/librecad/plugins/libdivide.so
  @so share/librecad/plugins/libgear.so
  @so share/librecad/plugins/liblist.so
@@ -1495,7 +1497,7 @@ share/librecad/qm/librecad_gl.qm
  share/librecad/qm/librecad_he.qm
  share/librecad/qm/librecad_hi.qm
  share/librecad/qm/librecad_hu.qm
-share/librecad/qm/librecad_id_ID.qm
+share/librecad/qm/librecad_id_id.qm
  share/librecad/qm/librecad_it.qm
  share/librecad/qm/librecad_ja.qm
  share/librecad/qm/librecad_ka.qm
@@ -1556,7 +1558,7 @@ share/librecad/qm/plugins_fr.qm
  share/librecad/qm/plugins_gl.qm
  share/librecad/qm/plugins_hi.qm
  share/librecad/qm/plugins_hu.qm
-share/librecad/qm/plugins_id_ID.qm
+share/librecad/qm/plugins_id_id.qm
  share/librecad/qm/plugins_it.qm
  share/librecad/qm/plugins_ja.qm
  share/librecad/qm/plugins_ko.qm

----- End forwarded message -----


Apologies for the missed new patch patch-librecad_src_src_pro adding -lexecinfo. I did indeed forget to 'cvs add' it.

The git test with a check for .git before attempted updating of submodules is also used in other ports such as cad/qelectrotech latest released version, but is harmless if a release/tag tarball is used.

I have tested this new version with some large .dxf files and also .dwg import, which still does not support some entities such as attibutes. Otherwise no issues.

Work on the bundled libdxfrw dwg/dxf library is continuing for the forthcoming but unreleased Qt6 2.2.2 versions, including .dwg write support.

Chris

Reply via email to