On 2026/09/20 18:52, David Uhden Collado wrote:
> The truth is, I find these Rust reimplementations quite
> interesting. Ubuntu 26.10 has already adopted uutils coreutils
> because the project has reached a level of maturity and
> stability where it can be used reliably.

The issues found after they switched suggests that they hadn't
reached that level by that point. I haven't tracked development
since then (I'm not particularly interested).

I see no big issue having them in ports for users to install if
they want, as long as there's OpenBSD developer support to get
them into the tree, but:

- they can't conflict with the GNU tools so will need a different prefix
or install into a different directory

- we can't use them in place of GNU tools for dependencies in other
ports, rust gives too much of a restriction on archs, and having
different deps on different archs is a pain to deal with

Reply via email to