Le Sun, Sep 20, 2026 at 03:17:47PM +0200, Kirill A. Korinsky a écrit :
> Landry,
> 
> I had issue with webcam in firefox (and chromium as well) in some google
> meets meetings for a while.
> 
> Symptoms for firefox are:
> 1. webcam works well in preview before I click allow
> 2. when I click allow and enter the meeting, firefox crashed
> 3. if I use non loged in account (or different one? not sure) it actually
>    may work.
> 4. before crash I do have many lines like that in in output:
> 
> [firefox]76484/8133 sp=3f64ab5d8600 inside 79db877ff000-79db87bfbfff: not 
> MAP_STACK

many thanks for investigating, i know ratchov@ also reported it to me,
happening since 153 or 154 maybe. not having time, and zero interest in
google products, i havent been able to dig.

> after some investigation I had found a workaround:
> 
> javascript.options.wasm_js_promise_integration=false
> 
> which makes it work fine.
> 
> And here a normal patch for firefox. What shall I do with it? Probably it is
> worth to be upstreamed but it is OpenBSD specific, I have no idea about
> policy.

thanks for spending time on producing the patch - it is a bit too
invasive for me to keep as a patch in the portstree, without involving
upstream first. my own policy it to not take patches that arent at least
tracked in the upstream bugzilla, i can take care of the actual
upstreaming (eg pushing the patch to reviewers on phabricator), but if
you can, please file a bug first with all the details so that competent
developers in this area can chime in. otherwise i'll do it when i find
free time for it.

> and if we decided to keep it in the tree, shall it be backported to all
> firefox forks or just to some of them?

once something is commited, i dont mind having it backported.

Landry

Reply via email to