Next interation:

- Fix some compiler warnings and tweak some diff.
- Add missing /etc/login.conf.d/sddm otherwise you run out of fds.

BTW you need (not yet recycled an old one):

Index: db/user.list
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/infrastructure/db/user.list,v
diff -u -p -r1.491 user.list
--- db/user.list        17 Sep 2026 01:29:08 -0000      1.491
+++ db/user.list        21 Sep 2026 17:33:17 -0000
@@ -414,3 +414,4 @@ id  user            group           port
 903 _iaxmodem          _iaxmodem       telephony/iaxmodem
 904 _neighbot          _neighbot       net/neighbot
 905 _pgweb             _pgweb          www/pgweb
+906 _sddm              _sddm           x11/sddm

On Sun Sep 20, 2026 at 05:31:25PM +0200, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> Hi ports@, Hi Qt haters,
> 
> To keep up with the competition at my hackathon table, I'd like to
> introduce another login/display manager. I'm very happy with the result,
> which makes using KDE Plasma easier, particularly for "desktop" users.
> 
> You can enable and test it with:
> 
> $ doas rcctl disable xenodm
> $ doas rcctl stop xenodm
> 
> $ doas rcctl enable sddm
> $ doas rcctl start sddm
> 
> Information for inst:sddm-0.21.0.20260819
> 
> Comment:
> QML based X11 and Wayland display manager
> 
> Description:
> The Simple Desktop Display Manager (SDDM) is a display manager. It is the
> recommended display manager for the KDE Plasma and LXQt desktop environments.
> 
> Maintainer: The OpenBSD ports mailing-list <[email protected]>
> 
> WWW: https://github.com/sddm/sddm
> 
> I'm lookin for tests (X11) and OKs. At the moment I have also a valid
> setup for X11 nor for wayland.
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> Rafael


Attachment: sddm-0.21.0.20260819p1.tar.gz
Description: application/tar-gz

Reply via email to