Hi,

my /usr/local/share/java looks alike:

total 5344
drwxr-xr-x    8 root  wheel      512 Sep 22 16:58 .
drwxr-xr-x  246 root  wheel     4608 Sep 22 16:58 ..
drwxr-xr-x   10 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 13:43 ghidra
drwxr-xr-x    5 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 14:59 gradle
drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 14:59 opencv4
drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel     1024 Sep 22 16:51 openjfx
drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel      512 Sep 15 21:28 sevenzipjbinding
-rw-r--r--    1 root  bin    2543583 Sep 22 16:57 sleuthkit-4.15.0.jar
-rw-r--r--    1 root  bin     142214 Sep 22 16:57
sleuthkit-caseuco-4.15.0.jar
drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel      512 Sep 18 21:45 sqlite-jdbc


because of examples of ghidra, gradle, opencv4, I did create port dependent
subdirs, i.e. openjfx, sevenzipjbinding, sqlite-jdbc.
Sleuthkit is a bit alienating, but that was where it ended up by default,
probably should move it into a sleuthkit subdir as well.


Your sqlite-jdbc, puts it into the more general
/usr/local/share/java/classes.
Don't know what's the "standard", but I my gut likes the independent
subdirectories by port, but I could also update all my new ports, to store
jars in /usr/local/share/java/classes like sqlite-jdbc does.

Any objection to rename it to sqlite-jdbc?

Also your version seems to be newer, that the one I picked from the
dependencies off of sleuthkit.

In any case, it fails to build:

===>  Building for sqlite-jdbc-3.51.2.0
Will build using target: OpenBSD-x86_64 (detected os: OpenBSD, arch: x86_64)
gmake: Nothing to be done for 'native'.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Inspecting build with total of 1 modules
[INFO] Installing Central Publishing features
[INFO]
[INFO] -----------------------< org.xerial:sqlite-jdbc
>-----------------------
[INFO] Building SQLite JDBC 3.51.2.0
[INFO]   from pom.xml
[INFO] --------------------------------[ jar
]---------------------------------
[WARNING] The POM for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:3.4.0 is missing, no
dependency information available
[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time:  1.783 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2026-09-23T20:38:07+02:00
[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:3.4.0 or one
of its dependencies could not be resolved:
[ERROR]         Cannot access central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)
in offline mode and the artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:3.4.0 has not been
downloaded from it before.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginResolutionException

In any case, I disabled the --offline, to build with fetching stuff from
maven central to be able to test.
It builds fine. sysutils/sleuthkit with little tweaks, built.

But then in autopsy, there's the version hardcoded many times:


sebastia@communicator:/home/ports/pobj/amd64/autopsy-4.23.1/autopsy-autopsy-4.23.1>
grep -r sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar *
Core/build.xml:        <copy
file="${env.TSK_HOME}/bindings/java/lib/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar"
Core/build.xml:              tofile="${ext.dir}/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar"/>
Core/nbproject/project.properties:file.reference.sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar=release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar
Core/nbproject/project.xml:
 <runtime-relative-path>ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</runtime-relative-path>
Core/nbproject/project.xml:
 <binary-origin>release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</binary-origin>
Core/nbproject/project.properties.orig.port:file.reference.sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar=release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar
Core/nbproject/project.xml.orig.port:
 <runtime-relative-path>ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</runtime-relative-path>
Core/nbproject/project.xml.orig.port:
 <binary-origin>release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</binary-origin>
Core/build.xml.orig.port:        <copy
file="${env.TSK_HOME}/bindings/java/lib/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar"
Core/build.xml.orig.port:
 tofile="${ext.dir}/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar"/>
ImageGallery/nbproject/project.properties:file.reference.sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar=release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar
ImageGallery/nbproject/project.xml:
 <runtime-relative-path>ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</runtime-relative-path>
ImageGallery/nbproject/project.xml:
 <binary-origin>release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</binary-origin>
RecentActivity/nbproject/project.properties:file.reference.sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar=release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar
RecentActivity/nbproject/project.xml:
 <runtime-relative-path>ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</runtime-relative-path>
RecentActivity/nbproject/project.xml:
 <binary-origin>release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</binary-origin>
Tika/nbproject/project.properties:file.reference.sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar=release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar
Tika/nbproject/project.xml:
 <runtime-relative-path>ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</runtime-relative-path>
Tika/nbproject/project.xml:
 <binary-origin>release/modules/ext/sqlite-jdbc-3.49.1.0.jar</binary-origin>

With the build.xml It's basically injecting the sqlite-jdbc.jar into the
autopsy.jar. And the other xml files are there to tell autopsy, where to
find it (If I understand correctly)
I've no idea, if there would be a switch to tell it to not embed
sqlite-jdbc.jar (maybe patch the Core/build.xml to stop copying in the
first place?) and rather to include
the sqlite-jdbc.jar that's available via the port?

Sebastian


On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 4:11 PM Kurt Miller <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi Sabastian,
>
> Can you use the sqlite-jdbc I cleaned up and posted here on 2026-03-03?
>
> At that time I fully reviewed the port I cleaned up and ported but there
> were no other ports ready for import that would be using it.
>
> Best,
> -Kurt
>
> > On Sep 19, 2026, at 4:04 AM, Sebastian Reitenbach <
> [email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > attached a new port of sqlite-jdbc.
> >
> > SQLite JDBC is a library for accessing and creating SQLite database
> > files in Java.
> >
> > I'd need this to get the Java version of autopsy up and running.
> >
> > feedback, test etc. welcome.
> >
> > Sebastian
> >
> > --
> > https://buzzdeee.reitenba.ch
> > <sqlite-jdbc.tar.gz>
>
>

-- 
https://buzzdeee.reitenba.ch

Reply via email to