Ever onward with the version bumps they go. This port should be better.
If you can ignore the MEM bits with any further feedback, I'll commit to running some tests removing the MEM bits to see how bad it gets, maybe thrashing a vm isn't that bad. I've been out of touch for a moment, so if sharing my build of packages is bad, don't follow the following link: https://github.com/toddfries/grok-build/releases FWIW, if you try this, it seems to want to register with grok.com to 'activate'. Registering with grok.com does not require you to use xAI tokens. I quite successfully use openrouter.ai free tokens in many instances (add $10 once and you get 1000 req/day instead of 50 req/day for eternity even if you spend it), especially when I'm waiting for my weekly free bucket of tokens to appear (X Premium+ subscriber here, several different subscriptions provide a free bucket). Unless otherwise asked, I'll be glad to provide/discuss config examples off list for $0 spend use. Thanks, Penned by Anthony J. Bentley on 20260908 6:41.09, we have: | Todd T. Fries writes: | > Bumped to 1.0.1 | > | > Thanks, | > | > Penned by Todd T. Fries on 20260804 7:59.33, we have: | > | Bumped to 0.2.119 .. | > | | > | 1) does it work? | > | | > | ... yes | > | | > | 2) is it /usr/ports ready | > | | > | ... getting there, but not yet | > | | > | 3) has anyone tried it yet? | > | | > | ... crickets | > | | > | 4) is it in openbsd-wip? | > | | > | ... yes | > | | > | ... | > | | > | Feedback welcomed, whatever flavor. | | I took a look at it. I have no objection to porting this software, but | the port itself needs work. It is way too complicated for the poor ports | devs who will inevitably have to dig into it in the future. | | There are 22 patches and 2 new files/, all of which look AI-generated | (by which I mean, they are VERBOSE). We package all kinds of bloated | crap software, but the ports tree should not contain large diffs of | paragraphs of comments just to change "Linux" to "Linux and OpenBSD". | This software gets updated often, patches often fail to apply when a | port gets updated and need to be manually updated, a lot of chunks of | these patches are unnecessary and will lead to a lot of painful review | during updates, over and over. | | The unveil code looks wrong. If I read the Rust right (I don't know | Rust) it intentionally avoids readonly unveil of / (an accepted pattern) | in favor of many separate unveils for /bin /sbin /usr and so on (a bad | pattern, because each individual unveil costs system resources). | | The pledge contains inet and exec and rpath wpath cpath. If a process | can't have a narrower promise, it usually is a sign that it's fighting | against pledge. Why not just run this software as an unprivileged user | and let unix permissions do the work? | | The "memeic" flavor is apparently for experimentation and uses your | personal fork... does this flavor really need to be in the ports tree? | The port is already so complicated, the flavor adds PATCH_LIST which | I have literally never seen in a port before in 15 years... | | Adds a weird build knob for GROK_LOW_MEM, surely this is not necessary. | | Makefile is 215 lines long, verbose verbose verbose. Please, simplify | this port. -- Todd T. Fries [email protected] 𝕏:@unix2mars github:toddfries pgp:3F42004A
port-grok-build-1.0.41.tgz
Description: application/tar-gz
