On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 04:31:56PM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:
> Hi ports@,
>
> here's an update to the latest version of gmpc and friends, changelog:
> http://download.sarine.nl/gmpc-0.15.5/WhatsNew/WhatsNew0.15.5.html
>
> diff against cvs : http://gcu.info/~gaston/patches/gmpc-0.15.5.0.diff
>
> i've bumped libmpd major, api has quite changed since last version. I've
> enabled the .config dir, so previous users should do 'mv .gmpc
> .config/gmpc ; mv .covers .config/covers' before running this new
> version (i think even putting this in a MESSAGE would be a good idea)
>
> Works fine here @i386, tested too @sparc64. I'be happy if an user with a
> sparc could test this update, to see if MODGCC3_stuff is still needed on
> this arch.
>
> audio/gimmix has been tested and works fine with the new libmpd too.
>
> Feedback and comments welcome.

And accompanying this update, two new plugins :
http://gcu.info/~gaston/ports/gmpc-lastfm-0.15.5.0.tar.gz
fetches cover art from last.fm, alternative to gmpcca.

http://gcu.info/~gaston/ports/gmpc-libnotify-0.15.5.0.tar.gz
provides a libnotify-based current playing title notification alternative.

Feedback and comments welcome too !

Landry