On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 04:55:17PM +0100, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> little bug in current mercurial package. hgk extension use wish
> (installed with tk) but wish8.4 is installed on openbsd. Here is a
> little patch to fix it.

I like the intent of this patch, but I've considered and decided
against similar things in the past. A patch like this would provide
only a little benefit (since users already have to install tk and
move ${PREFIX}/share/mercurial/hgk into their $PATH anyway) while
increasing the likelihood of bitrot in devel/mercurial.

As things stand, the port installs several files under ${PREFIX}/share
that may require some fiddling before they'll work. I think this is
a reasonable compromise between providing extra functionality (like
zsh_completion or mercurial.el) without making the mercurial package
a PITA to install.

That said, I'm still open to other opinions on this, though.

--

| web:.......http://www.lfod.us/ | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |