On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 02:02:23PM +0100, Simon Kuhnle wrote:
On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 10:10:59PM +0100, Markus Hennecke wrote:
Homepage: http://www.lilotux.net/~mikael/mcabber/

Comments and tests appreciated. Working on i386 and amd64. I had a report
about segfaults on a snapshot from 6th december (i386), but could not
reproduce that. 4.2-stable definetly won't work.

Works for me on i386 now. Chatted and tested PPG encryption,
both worked without problems.

On amd64 it coredumps when there's a ~/.mcabberrc file.

Without it, it starts up fine, but gives me the following message:
[14:00:27]*Error: cannot convert string to locale.

Here's the backtrace when started with .mcabberrc file:
can you move the mcabber file to ~/.mcabber/mcabberrc and try again?
i can use mcabber fine here on amd64 with the file in that location.

Everyone having mcabber segfault should check that their libiconv is up to date:

$ echo "hello" | iconv -f UTF-8 -t 646
hello
$ pkg_info | grep iconv
libiconv-1.9.2p5    character set conversion library

Versions below patchlevel 1.9.2p5 won't work, see the comment in the cvs commit.

However, the program should not segfault on this condition.

Best regards,
  Markus