On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 05:15:40PM +0100, Simon Kuhnle wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 06:30:47PM -0800, Josh Elsasser wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 06:21:44PM -0800, Josh Elsasser wrote:
> > > This is a port of the SBCL native code compiler, based on patches
> > > which were recently committed to SBCL CVS.  Only i386 is supported at
> > > the moment.  This is my first port so feedback is more than welcome,
> > > in particular regarding how it has to download a 7 meg binary to
> > > bootstrap itself from.
> > >
> > > Note that you will see several timer regression tests fail unless you
> > > are running a recent -current snapshot, sys/kern/kern_time.c 1.63 is
> > > needed for them to pass.
> >
> > I guess it would be helpful to mention that the port is at
> > http://www.elsasser.org/openbsd/sbcl-port-1.0.13.tgz
>
> The build fails for me with the following error:
> mmap: Cannot allocate memory
> ensure_space: failed to validate 805306368 bytes at 0x4c000000
>
> Complete buildlog here: http://blarzwurst.de/openbsd/sbcl-1.0.13.log
>
> Note that I uncommented tetex in build depends, but that shouldn't be
> the problem (is this really needed by the way?).
>
> Running i386 snapshot from January 11th.

Sorry about this, I forgot to mention the annoying virtual memory
requirements to build this.  The easiest way to make sure your
resource limits are high enough is to build as root or a user in the
staff login class.  I've updated the above url with a new version of
the port which sets VMEM_WARNING.

I've also rolled a new bootstrap tarball since I realized the old one
was out of date.

 -jre