Jacob Meuser schrieb:
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:32:34PM +0200, Markus Hennecke wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Deanna Phillips wrote:

This diff, from brad@, updates gnash to 0.8.2.  So far, it's
only been tested on i386.
Seems to be working fine on amd64.

looks good on amd64 and i386 here too.

This is another port for which the
previous version needs to be uninstalled to compile. This really becomes a PITA.

well, gnash has no dependents, and can you actually use gnash and compile
it at the same time?  gnash is way to cpu hungry to do that on any of
my machines.

Of course you are right. However, currently I am no longer building updated ports by hand but via a script which analyzes the output from ${PORTSDIR}/infrastructure/build/out-of-date. So these ports that need a special handling interfere with that practice... I am lazy and it is really nice to get the system up to date via a single command.

The cpu hunger of gnash does not interfere much with the compilation as soon as there is more than one cpu core available. It looks like more and more machines out there will be at least dual cores on the mainstream archs i386 and amd64.

Kind regards,
  Markus